Signed in as:
Signed in as:
There are many reasons why someone would be denied insurance coverage, but the ultimate reason is that the risk of a pay-out is too high for the insurance company to have the applicant as a client.
Below you will find a list of the most common reasons that someone gets denied coverage. This does not include financial reasons such as previous bankruptcy or insufficient income to support the coverage for which the client applied. This is by no means an exhaustive list or an indicator to who will get denied coverage. What is considered "uninsurable" by one company may be insurable to another. What is available to an "uninsurable" or hard-to-insure client depends on many factors and varies among individuals. Just because you are denied for one type of insurance does not mean you are forever denied for other insurance. This is intended to be used as a reference only.
If you worried about being 'uninsurable" to traditional insurance companies for traditional insurance products, you are whom Insurance Kit is here to help. Click the button below to find out what options are available to you.
Depending on the type of insurance you are looking for, family or medical history could play a part in your failing to get covered, or get charged at a higher rate by traditional insurance companies.
1. AIDS or HIV
2. Alcoholism - due to possible liver damage and a higher risk of dangerous behaviour caused by drunkenness.
3. Blood/Protein in the Urine - could be an indicator of kidney disease.
4. Drug Use - many companies do accept some marijuana use as long as they are declared. However, any other drug use will usually get your application declined.
5. Elevated Liver Function - could be an indicator of damage to the liver cells.
6. Hepatitis - untreated Hepatitis B or C could lead to the denial of coverage for both life and critical illness.
7. High Cholesterol, Lipids, and Triglycerides - This combination makes you more susceptible to heart disease and stroke.
8. High Levels of Glucose/ Blood Sugar - possible indicator to diabetes, and other related medical conditions.
9. History of Cancer - depend upon the type of cancer, when it was diagnosed, if it is in remission, etc. One might get approved for life but not for Critical Illness.
10. Overweight or Obese - due to possible severe health complications, and overall bad health and fitness level.
11. Other Health concerns - please contact Insurance Kit for your particular health condition, you are whom Insurance Kit is here to help.
This list includes reasons to be denied for life, critical illness or disability insurance. If you have any of these issues, I could get you covered when traditional insurance companies say no.
1. Driving Record - a possible indicator of a dangerous lifestyle. This includes speeding tickets, multiple accidents, drunk-driving, etc,
2. Hazardous Hobbies - leads to a higher risk of premature death or disability. This includes skydiving, scuba diving, flying (recreational pilot) and base jumping, etc. Some companies might not deny but charge a higher rate.
3. Hazardous Occupation - leads to a higher risk of premature death. and disability. Some typical hazardous occupations are:
4. Over or underage - Some insurance coverage only accept applicants within an age range. Some terminate or reduce the coverage, such as disability or term insurance, when you reach a certain age.
5. Previous Declines - this is mainly to protect insurance companies from applicants lying about their history.
6. Unemployed or non-income earner
Contact Insurance Kit for a personalized plan to get covered for life, critical illness, disability, accident and sickness, even if you have been told you are "uninsurable".